I READ, TOOInspired by Kevin, and partly due to my Sunday's boring working environment at Le Grove, and whatever-ly irritating Mr Quek, I picked a
good book,
Summer of Roses by Luanne Rice, and finished it within a day. Trust me, it's a book to read man. I'm still gleeful over my pick. Usually when titles are as such, I would think that it's either too cliche a novel, or an uninteresting one as compared to Dan Brown's. It didnt occur to me that I'd actually sit down at my desk to read that book. Summer of Roses, even the "synopsis" at the back of the book wouldnt leave much impression. What I want to say is, I only fully understand the relevance of the title after reading it. And it really touched my heart&soul. The storyline isnt common at all, like AT ALL. I think I like Luanne Rice now. I've never been an avid fan of author, but I might. Wanted to drop by the library to borrow more books written by her. Whoa thinking back, it's like replaying a movie in the back of my head. Liam, Lily(Mara), Marisa(Patty), Jessica(Grace), Sam, Nanny, Meave, Clara, Tara, Joe, Anne, Patrick and the horrid Edward(Ted)...etc Why do some of them have 2 names? That's for interested readers to find out! :))
And I now inherited Dave Pelzer's
My Story, from Kevin
. I'm into books which people strongly recommended, like the one I did, and I truly believe that they're good books. If not, they'd not make people to want to share them. Unless they're really worth the read.